Monday, October 7, 2013

Halloween Project

Decorating for the holidays has to be one of my favorite things to do. With this project, I started from scratch, with a small budget and no existing Halloween decor. JoAnn crafts, Goodwill and a little creativity set this project off! 

The mirror was pre existing, however I added a boa for character. With old bottles and a Jack Daniels bottle. I transformed these by filling them with colored water, and placing fun labels on them. Such as "Deadly Nightcap" and "Poison Punch". The skull was made by placing glitter in a bag, hair spraying the skull and shaking it until it was completely covered in beautiful glitter! The dress form changes for the holiday by wearing a previously owned apron, a 99cent witch hat, a masquerade mask and a handmade tutu out of tooling. My favorite craft completed in this project is the wreath! By using a plain wreath, I hot glued a black and silver tinsel boa. Found orange ribbon on sale and used the same trick done with the skull to the letters spelling out "Boo". As for the pumpkin, that was hand drawn and cut out by me. Spending a total of $21.78. 

No comments:

Post a Comment